Re: implementing multiple smtp servers...

I found the dual meaning of default confusing and I'm not yet convinced
that we need both.
For me it seems enough to consider that we use for each empty entry the one
for the default user.
This allow a user to ignore the whole identity stuff and I can't see the
utility to switch from one default identity to another. Let me explain
this.
I imagine that the classic usage of default identity switching is to answer
to mails in batch by categories (you want to reply to your familly recent
mails, you switch to your personnal identity, and answerd, tha you switch
back to your work identity ...).

This can be done automatically (without the need to switch from one ID to
another) by adding a setting to each folder to associate an ID to a folder.
Now imagine that you associate your personnal ID to your familly folder,
your work ID to your work folder and your opensource ID to your balsa
mailing-list folder. Each time you answer to a mail from one of these
folders then your ID is automatically set to the good one.

This solve partially a big issue with identities: You forget to set the
correct ID before pushing the send button. For mailing list, your mail
comes back with a nice 'awaiting moderator approval'.

Christophe