Re: size/lines clist initialisation fix.

Hi,

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 02:50:27
 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
[snip]
>values, that thing could be somewhere in the clist, and if we open
>a scrollable window inside that then you might be getting a size field
>that is 100000 pixels wide for any unlucky and sad circumstances.

There are two things. I agree that not
saving the size after the user changed it
was a bug. But another thing is when you
have to set the pixel size for every widget
because the widget can't reasonably
calculate some defaults itself - that's
a terminal brokenness of said widget and
I do not believe that Gtk has such problems.

I am pretty sure that not setting pixel
widths explicitely for column widths will
cause Gtk to set them automatically so that
the labels fit.

>> reasons I am using a computer is NOT to have
>> to recalculate stuff by hand :)
>
>no, it's not meant to recalculate things by hand, you really need to look

Well, if the total is constant at 640 and
you have to carve some pixels out for a new
widget, then you have to decide which
columns have to get narrower and how much.
So you do recalculate something.

>but feel free to explain me how you gonna go to save these values to
>the prefs :) i am interested in your reply :)

As I already wrote above: I admit not saving
preferences was a bug. But not specifying
explicit default pixel width was a feature
(and was done intentionally) - I left it
out to Gtk to do that.

>solve the current problem. besides mentioned that you didn't take any
>care about 2 CASE statements that only go from 0-5 and skip the 6th

Can you be more explicit which stmts? There
are plenty of switch statements in balsa
but not all of them are relevant to
everything. :) (I'm at work, don't have
balsa sources here and way too much work
to dig into them right now).

>last and new item. because of this, the NASA lost some of their weassels
>because their onboard computer segfaulted

And you call me being offtopic???? LOL...

Maciej

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!