Re: A couple of questions

Hi,

> On 2001.08.01 12:49:28 -0700 Len Philpot wrote:
> > 2. Is there a way to have the text of outgoing messages "hard wrap"
> > (dynamically insert line breaks) _while_ I'm typing rather than when
> > it's sent? Each paragraph in an outgoing message behaves like one single
> > line wrapped for display only (obviously), which means, among other
> > things, the up and down arrow keys don't work as expected. Plus, there's
> > the somewhat annoying 'wrap arrows' at the visual end of each line. If
> > (mostly) the behavior of the arrow keys could be normalized, I have no
> > objection at all to visual wrapping until the message is sent. It's just
> > a little inconvenient not to be able to use the up/down arrow keys to
> > move up and down by a (screen) line.

I am also annoyed by the way the arrow keys work. I have resorted to using
the mouse fpr seting the cursor, but I would prefer to be able to use the
keyboard. However, that seems to be more of a gtk problem than a Balsa one,
or am I wrong?

Reading messages I also noticed that URL hotspots don't work as expected as
of a few CVS versions back. The real hotspot is several screen lines above
the visible URL. This does not happen in HTML emails because URLs are
handled by gtkhtml there.

Melanie