Re: A couple of questions

On 2001.08.01 12:49:28 -0700 Len Philpot wrote:
> I'm using Balsa 1.1.4
>
> 1. Is there a way to set in word wrap on incoming messages separately
> from that on outgoing? Actually, I'd like not to wrap incoming at all,
> but leave outgoing at 65.

Yes, turn off the 'View->Wrap' menu box.  There doesn't appear to be a
control that specifies the line length, but if you just want to turn it
off...

> 2. Is there a way to have the text of outgoing messages "hard wrap"
> (dynamically insert line breaks) _while_ I'm typing rather than when
> it's sent? Each paragraph in an outgoing message behaves like one single
> line wrapped for display only (obviously), which means, among other
> things, the up and down arrow keys don't work as expected. Plus, there's
> the somewhat annoying 'wrap arrows' at the visual end of each line. If
> (mostly) the behavior of the arrow keys could be normalized, I have no
> objection at all to visual wrapping until the message is sent. It's just
> a little inconvenient not to be able to use the up/down arrow keys to
> move up and down by a (screen) line.

Can't really help you on that one.  I assume that you are talking about a
feature akin to emacs' auto-fill text modes - that would be cool for the
compose window.

--
Lynn Kerby <mailto:lfk@kerbit.net>