Re: WISH: An attachment reminder - Good idea!

On 2001.04.12 01:20:56 Fernan Aguero wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Michael Duelli wrote:
> [snipped]
> > So my idea is to create an "attachment reminder". While writing a mail
> > to which you want to attach something, you click, e.g. "activate
> > attachment reminder". Before sending, balsa would ask something like,
> > "Have you really attached all your attachments ?"
> >
> > Please tell me what you think about it, and whether or not you know a
> > program which already provides this feature.
>
> If you remember to click the 'activate reminder button' you might as well
> click the 'attach file' button instead and just save a few clicks
> altogether.
> Instead of 'activate reminder' -> 'attach file' you just do the 'attach
> file' in a single step.

I think Michael Duelli's idea is good. It happends to me too that I forget
attach files that I mentioned in my letter. Mostly that happends when I
have
to find them on my harddrive or rename them, or compress them, or for
example
I tell I person: "I send you some photos I took at that party/vacation" and

then I have to select which photos to attach and give them good describning

names. And most of the time I havn't done that when I start to write a
mail,
then it would be nice if there was a "attachment reminder box" under "CC:"
or
something like that that I can check in when I write the letter and if I
press "Send" balsa asks me if I attached all files.
Like this: