Re: balsa install problems

On Sep 20 2000 11:49 Roland LaForge wrote:
> Hi-
> Balsa 0.9.5 looks attractive to me, and I tried to install it
> on my RH linux 6.1 i386 platform.
> However, I had some problems installing the necessary packages:
>
> 1)pspell: I got pspell-.11.2-1rh62.i386.rpm and tried to install
> it. GNOrpm complained: "libpspell.11.2-1 requires libltdl.so"
> where do I get libltdl.so?

You should be able to find this in the libtool package.

> 2) gnome-print: When I try to install gnome-print-0.20-0_helix_1.i386.rpm
> GNOrpm complained: "(package) conflicts with file from
> package gnumeric-0.48"

While I'm not sure, Gnumeric usually uses the requires the latest version of
gnome-print at the time of it's release, and it's up to gnumeric-0.56 now.
Perhaps upgrading Gnumeric will allow you to upgrade gnome-print?

> 3) balsa: Finally, when trying to install balsa:
>
> "balsa requires:
> 	gnome-libs >= 1.2.0 (I have 1.0.54; the latest at RH site are 1.0.55)
> 	libltdl.so.0
> 	libpspell-modules.so.1
> 	libpspell.so.2

For the latest up-to-date GNOME rpms, you might want to try HeliX GNOME. It's
easy to install, and although I've only used the debs everything was well done.
Check out:

http://www.helixcode.com

HTH,

MBG

--
 Matthew Guenther                     Nothing motivates a man more than to
 guentherm@asme.org                   see his boss put in an honest day's