Re: gtkhtml - stupid install question...

If it helps, a lot of packages (bonobo and probably oaf included) have
spec files included in the tarball, so you can do rpm -tb xxx.tar.gz (as
root) to make yourself an RPM. This is much preferable to mixing RPMs and
tarball installs.. I don't know how self constructed RPM's interact with
helix though (you may need to uninstall helix, since an upgrade may not
go OK), since I build all mine myself.

If you still can't work it out, ask on the components list. at least it is
on topic there, and there will be more people who can help..