Re: Release 4 run error

Thanks Ian, I did find the answer in the end through the archives of this group.
I have downloaded the latest gnome libs gz and have just to install it. I understand that I need to go from libgnome.so.32.3.8 to 32.3.11. Is this included in the gnome libs package?

The other problem I mentioned with the error messsage seems to be something else as I fired up Gnapster which produced the same error but did still run normally.
In answer to your question, yes Gnome is up and running ok and other apps seem fine.
I have recently compiled my kernel which has produced a load of dependency problems at boot up that I still need to sort.
Are their any good ides to look at the Balsa project? Kdevelop for example. I'm a Dev Studio C++ developer which I'm sure will get a few tutting!!!
Thanks again for  your help
Tony C
Ian Campbell wrote:
20001028114003.D1464@sphene">
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:27:39 Tony Cowell wrote:
> Hi all,
> After having a spot of bother with release 3 - crashed everytime I tried
> to start it after initial config (if no .gnome/balsa file existed) I
> installed from source pre4.

This is a known (and documented in the README) problem with older version
of gnome-libs, you should get the latest possible version (it looks like
you might have solved this already, but we get soooo many bug reports about.

20001028114003.D1464@sphene">