Re: Release 4 run error

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:27:39 Tony Cowell wrote:
> Hi all,
> After having a spot of bother with release 3 - crashed everytime I tried
> to start it after initial config (if no .gnome/balsa file existed) I
> installed from source pre4.

This is a known (and documented in the README) problem with older version
of gnome-libs, you should get the latest possible version (it looks like
you might have solved this already, but we get soooo many bug reports about
it...)

> When I launch now I get an error come back GnomeUI-WARNING **: While
> connecting to session manager: Authentication Rejected, reason, reason :
> None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and
> host-based authentication failed.
>
> Any ideas?

is gnome-session running? do other gnome apps run OK? Have you started X
and then su'd to another user?

Have you tried logging out and back in?

--
Ian Campbell