gnome-print

It's been some time, and two balsa releases, since i started having this
problem.
Whenever i run 'configure' on gtk-html, on gdk-pixbuf, and on balsa-pre2,
the configuration fails saying that gnome-print is not installed (when i
know that it IS installed and working). I am not a shell script guru, so
it's not easy for me to see what configure is trying to do and how to
correct it (or tell the script where gnome-print is). This does not appear
to be the problem with balsa-pre3 or pre4.

Question 1: is it possible to switch configure scripts between balsa and
gtk-html? I am thinking about this because i see that the configure script
run by balsa's latest releases does not complain about gnome-print, whereas
the other ones fail at this point.

Question 2: is it possible to tell configure where gnome-print is? (be it
editing the configure script or by telling it at run time through the
command line?)

Question 3: what is gnome-print and how does it look on the filesystem? I
know that I have it because I installed it. I can print from gnome
applications and many configure scripts detect gnome-print. However, i
don't have a file with this name. Is it supposed to be a library, like
gnome.print.so or some other stranger name?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Fernan

--