Re: [ANNOUNCE: 1.0.pre4 released

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:13:34 Pawel Salek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a pleasure to announce balsa 1.0.pre4, next (and most likely last)
> in the 1.0.0 prerelease series. It is supposed to fix some bugs that
> appeared in pre3 as well as some treacherous old bugs.

Hi! I've got two questions, one about pre4 and one about balsa in general.

1) I just downloaded the RPM of pre4 from the web site (I always use RPMs
when possible) amd when I tried to install it, GnoRPM complained that my
installation of gnome-libs was not high enough. balsa apparently wants
gnome-libs-1.2.7 or better, and I am using the Helix Gnome with
gnome-libs-1.2.4. I checked their update system and they detect no need for
updating. Any suggestions?

2) Where's balsa concerning local folders? I'm still using the mkdir/touch
method of creating them, not using the menus in balsa at all. This works
well. but I'm wonering what I'm missing out on.

Thanks,

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<ravens_nest@att.net> <http://home.att.net/~ravens_nest>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price