Re: Compile error in balsa-mblist.c

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Thor Wiegman wrote:
> I'm having a heck of a time trying to get pre3 running.  I don't know
> enough about programming to be sure what's wrong and I"m looking for a
> little help.
>
> Where it stops compliling it says:
>
> balsa-mblist.c:  In function `balsa_widget_get_bold_font':
> balsa-mblist.c:1053:  structure has no member named `names'
>
> I've looked at balsa-mblist.c and found that function....but it's all
> greek to me.

Hmmm, do you know what version of gtk you're using?  We used a hackish
method of getting the X font description from the GdkFont, and it may have
changed in newer versions.  You can also check the gdk include file
/usr/include/gdk/gdkprivate.h (or whatever prefix you have gtk/gdk installed
under).  The GdkFontPrivate structure there should have a names member.

Hopefully we can squash this bug.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                      "I came to kick ass and chew gum...
mguenthe@engr.uvic.ca                 and I'm all out of gum"