balsa-1.0.pre3 released

Hello,

I would like to announce that balsa-1.0.pre3 has been just released (the
website in CVS is updated, so is www.newton.cx/balsa/, www.balsa.net will
be updated soon, I hope). It doesn't have too many bug fixes but it does
dome extra tests on arguments and have new attachment icons + bold
subjects. (also, opens a compose window on double clicking an item while
browsing message book).

A number of problems with libraries surfaced recently; RH 7.0 is known to
have some problems with balsa so we warned (I get for instance 4 of
"Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416 (gdk_image_destroy): assertion
`image != NULL' failed." warnings on startup). Surprisingly
gtk+-1.2.8-0_helix on RH 6.2 is fine (so I suspect it is not gtk+ problem
but something else).

Otherwise, 1.0.pre3 should be rock solid.

Cheers,

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202