Re: message list ordering

On Oct 04 2000 11:55 Stewart Evans wrote:

> It'd be really nice if balsa remembered the sort order (i.e. by subject, by
> date, and also ascending vs. descending) from one invocation to the next.
>
> Per-mailbox would be even nicer - but a global preference would be
> helpful and looks like it'd be pretty easy to do.
>
> Is this on the list anywhere?  Would it be considered a feature or a bug?
> (i.e. if I sent in a patch, would it go in at this point? ;-)

Since no one seems to have responded yet, I'll step up. I agree that it would be
a good idea, if done properly. However right now we're in feature freeze and I'm
very hesitant to mess with anything short of bug fixes. If you do up a patch I'm
sure it will get included in the next development cycle.

Regarding the setup of the sorting;  I think it should be done right,
individually by folder. However it is very important that it is also easy to set
the sorting method for all folders together, since we don't want to force the
user to have to go into each folder if they want to change their default
sorting method.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                     A rock store eventually closed down;
guentherm@asme.org                   they were taking too much for granite.