print while composing?

Hola balseros!

While writing a message, I wanted to have a printed copy of it just to show
it to my boss, and check its content before sending it. The print button
was not greyed out, nor was the print command from the File menu. However,
nothing happened.
I could print the message if i first postponed it and then opened it again
from the draftbox.

Is this the expected behaviour? I don't think so. I would expect to be able
to print anything that i can SEE.

Thanks,

Fernan

--