Re: Focus and Checking Mail alert

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:00:06 Leonard Sitongia wrote:
> When I have balsa configured to check mail periodically, an alert window
> pops up to notify of the check.  That window appears to take the focus
from
> whereever it is, effectively stopping whatever I'm doing until it is
finished or I
> hide it.
>
> Also, when new mail arrives, balsa keeps focus and comes to the
> foreground, interfering with whatever I'm doing.
>
> Could these features be configurable so that I could choose to turn them
> off?

This used to annoy me too, but it was since fixed in 1.0.0. Now the
progress dialog pops up on top (not terrible, but focus stays on the
current window). Upgrade! :)

Otherwise, you can always turn the dialog off with settings > preferences >
display > 'display progress dialog' set to 'never'.

Hope that helps!

-Paul