Focus and Checking Mail alert

When I have balsa configured to check mail periodically, an alert window
pops up
to notify of the check.  That window appears to take the focus from
whereever it
is, effectively stopping whatever I'm doing until it is finished or I hide
it.

Also, when new mail arrives, balsa keeps focus and comes to the foreground,
interfering with whatever I'm doing.

Could these features be configurable so that I could choose to turn them
off?

Thank you for your wonderful work in providing a good mail tool for Gnome,
which
is something that has been sorely lacking.

I'm running Helixcode Gnome on Debian Linux on Intel.

--
==Leonard Sitongia
  sitongia@qwest.net