inbox peculiarities

1. In my original setup (RH 6.2), I had been using fetchmail to deliver
incoming mail to /var/spool/mail/fpereira. This was also the file
associated by the setup druid with Inbox. However, Balsa 1.0 only opens
this file read-only, and consequently allows no updates.

2. To bypass this problem, I changed my setup to have Balsa do the job of
collecting my mail from my several POP3 accounts instead of fetchmail, and
I associated Inbox with /home/fpereira/mail/inbox. I set each of the
accounts with its own mailbox, but all incoming messages appear to be
delivered to Inbox.

Any known solutions for either problem?

-- F