feedback and suggestions

I'm looking around for a decent GUI mail client to use that would be less
heavy than mozilla's mail news. I grabbed balsa and played zith it for a
while. Very nice work. But I think it lacks a few things and has a few very
annoying behaviours.. I'll try to sunnarize:

- handling the default mailbox /var/spool/mail/me
As can be done with pine and elm, I'd like to be able to delete messages
from this mailbox. Default configuration for the mailbox is -rw-rw----. So
balsa doesn't allow me to delete messages on it.

- multiple incoming POP3 account:
since the /vqr/spool/mail/timo solution wasn't good, I tried to configured
balsa with it's own set of mailboxes instead of sharing the standard ones
(using /home/timo/mail/inbox) and querying several POP3 servers directly (a
thing I usually do with fetchmail instead). I entered 3 pop3 servers and it
looks like it lost two of them once where they didn't reply and timed out.
Each time I fill in severql servers and an error happens retrieving mail it
deletes the entries.

- offline mode. There's something related to above, I think an offline mode
would be much appreciated. In France most of us are paying for the phone
line and it's good to answer the mail offline.

- better windows behaviour. I like the textbox and the progress bar with
status messages and stuff. But it's terribly annoying when they get in the
way grab the focus while you are tipying something (grmbl it just did it
again). And when the balsa window is hidden and you click on the
"Information Balsa" window I would expect the main balsa window to come on
top too. The progress bqr qnd log window should be docked. What about both
in the same dockable widget (like Eudora actually).

hope this helps and finds it's way to next release...

TTimo