Re: Main window design proposal

At 11:10 AM 11/15/00, Hongli Lai wrote:
>So I'm proposing a new design that looks like this:
>+----------------------------+
>|       |                    |
>| Mail  |   Thread list      |
>| boxes |                    |
>|-------+--------------------+
>|                            |
>|        Message body        |
>|                            |
>|                            |
>+----------------------------+

Here's the patch for switching layouts I mentioned in an earlier
message.  As I said before, it works fine, except for when you
switch to the alternate layout while you have a mailbox open,
in which case the mailbox list is resized to be the same width
as the height of the message list.  Any help with this defect
would be appreciated.

I've also attached two other patches - one lets you specify the
text you want used in place of "Re:" and "Fwd:", and the other
adds two toolbar icons for "Empty Trash" and "Close Mailbox".
I'm working on additional code to this one to allow the user to
select which toolbar buttons they want to be visible.

Lastly, I also have a patch to allow balsa to use the GtkXmHTML
widget if GtkHTML is unavailable, but it is incomplete - images
do not get displayed properly; and a patch to handle LDIF
address books directly, but this one core dumps when I remove my
debugging "printf" statements.  Works fine with them in.  Anyone
want a look at these two?

--
spw

layout.patch