Features (Was: header disappears when printing...)

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 07:02:48PM +0100, Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2000-11-20 18:51:27 +0100 Bill Guelker wrote:
> > OK, that fixes it.  Cool!  Thanks alot.  Are there any plans to
> > implement filters in balsa?  I reckon I could learn to use procmail....
>
> It has been already implemented - you can try CVS code.
>
> I considered a new release, but probably we will wait until more new
> things come (opinions?)

A few things come to my mind (mostly from UI/usability department):

1) Brand new Prefrences dialog (Nautilus style)

2) Ability to select column order in mailbox view. (also disabling
   particular column)

3) Optional 'Friendly' date format in the mailbox view.

   Friendly in this case means using date format based on age of message:

   - messages newer than 7 days have date format: Friday, 20:10
   - message older than one week have date format: 10-Oct 20:10
   - messages older than one year have date format: 10-Oct-1999

   Please note that I'm talking about mailbox view not about message (pre)view.
   Format strings are defined by translator so language/country specific
   date display styles are possible.

4) Alternative main window layout (I've already posted patch here.)

5) Message should be marked read only if:

   - it is viewed in message viewer
   - if message preview is ON _and_ message is previewed for at least N seconds
     (user can enable/disable this functionality and N is also user configurable)

6) Abilility to select monospaced/proportional font in message view/preview (and
switch between them dynamically without going to Prefernces dialog).

All these things are relatively easy, I'm working on 2) 3) 5), and 4) is already
done.

slon!
--
To me, M$ is a big kid who needs to have the whole sandbox for himself.
Until that child can learn to share, I'll play with the kids that do share the sandbox.