Re: Focus on IMAP?

On 2000-11-15 22:19:56 +0100 Petter Sundlöf wrote:
> I don't think I need to bring up any specific issues, other than the
> fact that Balsa is a non-option for me (and probably many others) as a
> IMAP users (one who's accustomed to .mailboxlist handling,
> queuing/saving mail in a remote Drafts folder and similarly having Sent
> mail go to a remote IMAP folder, not having to reload the entire folder
> list each and every time - although I am guessing this latter issue is
> not a IMAP specific).
>
> Are there any plans to remedy this in the near future?

As you hopefully might guess from my recent postings to the list, I am
working on this. Unfortunately, proper=elegant IMAP requires some
structural changes to be done first (local mailbox operations (I mean
message appending, in particular) could be implemented in an slightly
ugly way, it doesn't work that way with IMAP, or at least I dare not to
implement IMAP the same way)...

/Pawel