incoming mailbox confusions

I used to receive my mail via fetchmail+sendmail on my system mailbox
/var/spool/mail/fpereira. When I switched to Balsa recently, the druid
selected that as my inbox. However, Balsa was unable to update it in any
way, or recognize when new mail was delivered there. So, for the time being
I switched to have Balsa retrieve my mail via POP-3 from my several
maildrops. This works, but another mailbox confusion arose. In specifying a
POP-3 connection, we are asked to supply a name and file for the incoming
mail. However, those mailboxes are never used and all mail is delivered to
the primary inbox.

-- F