Re: Serious BUG in Balsa 1.0.0

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Andrew Ferguson wrote:

> 	I recently upgraded to 1.0.0 from 1.0-pre5, but have needed to
> switch back because of a very serious bug (or undocumented "feature"). When
> I sent a mail using 1.0.0, Balsa sent out *all* of the messages in my
> Outbox (all of the saved messages from the five or so months) and then
> proceded to delete them. Needless to say, a whole lot of people and mailing
> lists got spammed with several copies of mails I had sent months ago.
> Eventually I managed to recover most of my Outbox from backup CDs, but I am
> still recieving annoyed responses to my remailing.

Hmm, I'm somewhat confused as to why there would be that many messages in
your Outbox in the first place,it's just a temporary buffer mailbox if Balsa
can't get a hold of your SMTP server when it tries to send stuff.  Mail that
has been sent should be fcc'd to your Sentbox, where it stays permanently.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                   The squeaky wheel doesn't always get
mguenthe@engr.uvic.ca              the grease... Sometimes it gets replaced.