Re: 0.8.0 bug w/ local mailbox

On 2000-05-23 06:42 David Lu wrote:

> On Mon, 22 May 2000 20:27:05 Peter Williams wrote:
> > "Check" and "Get new mail" check your POP3 servers... as for
> > Balsa not detecting changes to mailboxes, I hate to say it
> > but it's an outstanding bug that really needs to be addressed
>
> this must be a recent change, then.  as of 0.8.0-pre1 i
> was able to use "Check" to re-scan my local mailbox.

I don't recall such a change (I may be wrong) - and certainly not in a
sense of 'rescanning' a whole mailbox. I can only confirm that balsa
sometimes gets confused when mail is delivered (it happens rarely and I admit I
don't know the conditions that has to be fulfilled in order to expose this
bug: if I knew them it would be half a way to fix this bug). Someone
should file this bug so we don't forget to fix it.

/Pawel