Re: Gnomecard Mailing lists?

On Tue, 09 May 2000 11:02:48 Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 2000-05-09 17:54 micah craig wrote:
> > There are people in my Gnomecard database with multiple email
> > addresses, and sometimes I want to use one and sometimes another, but
> > rarely do I want to use them all at once.  While I agree that simple
> > mailing list support is more important, will it be possible do choose
> > in what way balsa uses a Gnomecard entry with multiple email
> > addresses?
>
> So how do you choose the 'right one' from the gnomecard? is it the first
> one? Would you mind suggesting any algorithm? It seems like gnome card
> should have an entry "preferred email address". if it null, all adresses
> are taken.

Well, there was a time when balsa would simply list all the email addresses
you had entered for a particular person in gnomecard, but I don't know what
changed to prevent that.  What would be great would be if a tree were used
instead of a straight list in the address selection.  Then, you could select
either all the email addresses for a name, or you could expand the name and
see all the email addresses entered for that name and select from there.
However, in light of the discussion of gnomecard's obsolescence, this might
be a bunch of work there is no real need to do.

> > On the subject of Gnomecard<->balsa interaction, is there any work

> Do you mean kind of "Take Address" of pine? I.e. you ask balsa to take
> list of addresses from a selected mail and allow fast creation of
> gnomecard entries?

Exactly.

--
"Hey! You're that english secret agent! From England!"
  -J.W.