Re: 0.7 Release (was Re: Another balsa bug...)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2000.03.23 14:29 Nathan Clemons wrote:
> > Ok, here's my suggestion:
> >
> > * Define all current bugs that need to be fixed before next release
> (mail
> > counting, IMAP/POP errors causing exit() or segfault, etc.)
>
> Add font problems to the list and me as the person responsible for it/
> working on it. I think the bugs that no one is working on can/have to
> be moved to the next release.

Unless anyone can think of any other major ones, I think these are the
most important, and I concur.

> > * Define all feature adds that need to be added before next release, if
> > any (I think it's all set on this score for the most part, is there
> > anything that anyone things really should make this cut?)
>
>   I see none (well, was wondering about toolbar Reply etc. disactivation
>   when there is no message selected).

That sounds fairly minor... probably best to leave it for next release,
though, with the bugs to be worked on.

> > * Freeze features after all listed are complete
> > * Set timeline for bugs to be fixed
> > * Release
>
> The rest sounds good to me.
>
> And we must find a way to make the bug tracking system functioning. (it's
> just too cumbersome for me to go everyday to the website and check the
> list
> of open bugs; does anybody know a better solution?)

Set up another mailing list which the bug system notifies when a bug is
open? I have to say, I'm not too terribly impressed with the bug tracking
system itself. However, it seems to be one of the most common, and I've
yet to find one better... any recommendations? I'm looking for something
to use myself on an unrelated project....

> Something has to be done with the website: the present one is plainly
> dead.
> Couldn't we have a site on GNOME server in such a way that one could
> update
> it via CVS?
>
> /Pawel

If you can't accomplish this easily, I have no problems hosting it on my
server and setting up CVS access, with mail mappings, etc. Granted someone
might have to work with me to set CVS up, but I'm perfectly game on this
score. I host several websites free of charge for those working on the
BlackBox window manager (bbtools.windsofstorm.net,
movingparts.windsofstorm.net, blackbox.thelinuxcommunity.org, etc.)

If, however, you can get this set up w/ the GNOME folks, any objections to
me setting up a mirror?

--
Nathan P. Clemons                       "Peace favor your code."
nathan@windsofstorm.net                 ICQ: 2810688