Crashing

Heres something I havent seen addressed yet.  When I run the newest CVS of
balsa (as of noon CST), it crashes if it cant get to the pop-server.
Heres the details:

I start balsa.  Click on 'check'.  The error (I have debugging checked) is
*** Warning ***: Server Closed Connection! and then it dies.  Where I
work, we are behind the most poorly run firewall in existance.  It can
take 3-4 attempts to telnet to any port outside of the firewall.  I dont
mind having to recheck for mail, but Balsa shouldnt crash because the
connections got blocked/cutoff.
Daz