Re: sending mail

On 2000.03.15 20:09 Fellmann Joaquim wrote:

> On mer, 15 mar 2000 19:25:51 Pawel Salek wrote:
> ok, I try with the line that say rfc822_dequote(phrase) commented and it
> now works, the field appears quoted :
> To: "xxxxxxx , yyyyyyyy" {fghsfg} <adresse>

I have been thinking about at and come to conclusion that it would be
best if the quotes were removed only when it is 'safe', i.e. the
unqueted string does not contain dangerous characters. I mean, we want
to dequote most of the time to have names easier to read. The question
is how to define "safe string" (apart from commas): should, for
instance, characters above 128 be included to the dangerous character
set (not to mention multibyte character I have no idea about)? What
does respective RFC says about it?

/Pawel