Re: Second impressions of Balsa

On 13 Mar, hector@huron.scouts-es.org wrote:
>> I do like the history of tabs across the top of the message listing
>> window it would be nice to be able to have all the folders listed
>> tab-like across the top of the screen, thus allowing more space for
>> actual message text across the full with of the screen.
>>
> Me too. Actually the tabs are turn off (just a false in a funtion,
> they where not completely eliminated), I would like to have an option
> that allows to trun on the tabs an ltes you chosse the mailbox to open
> from a menu. For the people that have a small screen like me it would
> be great.

  I prefer the present look of balsa. But having the tabs as an option
  would not hurt, of course.

  Concerning pasting of text from the message window, I had a look at
  the code and it doesn't seem so difficult too implement. This would
  of course a major rewrite of this part of code but I think it would
  be worth it. I thought about all the pro and cons and come to
  conclustion, that each part of the message should be represented by
  ordinary widget, not a gnomeCanvas widget. This would make it
  easier to use gtkhtml, for instance. But I want to finish postponing
  first.

/Pawel
PS. I have been looking at Matthew's patch, it seems nice but I have
impresion it adds redundant has_unread_messages field to the Mailbox
structure - it basically duplicates information from unread_messages
field. I think this question should be clarified before applying the
patch.