Re: I foud two bugs in Balsa 0.8.1

On 2000-06-27 20:45 Mate Soos wrote:
> Both with POP3 stuff.
>
> First: in the file libbalsa/mailbox.c, uncomment the line
>
> Spoolfile = MAILBOX_LOCAL(to)->path
>
> in line 237

I am afraid you are wrong at this point.
1. Mailbox 'to' doesn't have to be local.
2. Spoolfile is set once and for good in do_load_mailboxes+mailbox_init.

Concerning the second comment, it seems strange to me that the file is
locked immediately on opening (I would lock the file before reading), so
probably your suggestion is not as bad as it might seem (or rather conversly, it
seems damn right), I would check two things:

a. how it's solved in recent mutt.
b. if the file is locked on reading/writing.

Note that mbox_open_mailbox() leaves mailbox unlocked as expected.
Anybody willing to comment on this?

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202