Re: POP3 problem

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:23:52 Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 25 Jun, Steve Loft wrote:
> > What I don't understand is why balsa's POP3 handler is trying to access
> > that file at all.  Why doesn't it just connect to the server and download
> > the mail into the mailbox I've specified for that server?
>
> I don't understand it neither. As far as I can tell it never worked this
> way (I have just checked the CVS server and history of respective files
> to make sure). Just one more thing to fix (should not be too
> difficult, it is just to set Spoolfile around mailbox.c:130 to a 'right'
> value and restore it at the end). Patches are welcome, as always.
>
> /Pawel

Well I think the idea is POP3 mailboxes aren't actually mailboxes, when you
retrieve mail from them they go into your local spool.. I suppose we could
rewire it to make it possible to specify an individual spool for each mailbox,
and have them show up on the mailbox list, but that's certainly not the
intended behavior now.

Peter Williams peter@newton.cx / peterw@helixcode.com