Re: Balsa 0.8.1 + IMAP

On 2000-06-22 11:37 Adrian Snyman wrote:
> I have been using pine + imap to connect to our remote server ...
>
> pine also defaults to rsh - which I don't use
> we disable it in favour of ssh ..
>
> What are the chances to allow connections to IMAP servers via SSH ???

Big :-).

1. on one hand you can do it by hand right now. set up ssh for port
tunneling from localhost to the remote one, change the port number in the IMAP
mailbox definition to the tunelled one, and you are done.

2. I guess you would like to use some kind of GUI to simplify things up. I
don't know how to implement it, don't know some kind of ssh library that
would to the port tunneling when called from program.

3. much(?) simpler(?) method it to go for Kerberos(?) compatible methods
like GSS. I was thinking about it but haven't gone beyond this phase,

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202