Re: Bug fix release?

On 2000-06-07 17:01 Matthew Guenther wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Peter Williams wrote:
> >
> > Can you give me some function names that I should be checking out? I
really
> > want to get this synchronizing stuff working... you may note that
the
> > menu item Mailbox/Commit Current doesn't work the way it should; you
can see
> > that this does not update the file on disk as it should.

I wonder if we all talk about the same problem, or there are more than
one. In my case, libmutt bails out in  mbox_sync_mailbox

  if ((i = mbox_check_mailbox (ctx, NULL)) == M_NEW_MAIL ||  i ==
M_REOPENED)
  {
    /* new mail arrived, or mailbox reopened */
    need_sort = i;
    goto bail;
  }

i.e. the mailbox is requested to be closed but new mail arrived in
meantime. I wonder what is the proper behavior. Basically, the proper algorithm
should lock the mailbox, load new mail, if any and then flush everything
to the disk, right?

/Pawel