Re: deleting messages from spool file

> Hello,
>
>    I'm running balsa 0.9.0 in a Redhat 6.2 environment.
> I use a local sendmail server with my mail in the usual
> spool file (i.e., /var/spool/mail/username). When I
> delete messages using balsa's "delete" button, they
> disappear from balsa's message listing, but they don't
> get deleted from my spool file even when I click the
> "commit" button. They do get deleted if I shutdown
> and restart balsa, but that seems a little drastic.
> Is there any way to have the messages deleted from
> my spool file when I click the "commit" button?

We *should* be doing this -- but Mutt's mailbox sync
code is wacky, and for some reason what synchronizies the
mailbox on exit doesn't do it when the user hits "commit".
I'm really hoping that both events don't call the same
function, because that would mean something really evil
is going on inside of mutt.

IIRC the problem is that mutt only syncs the mailbox when
you close it, not when you call mutt_sync (or whatever it
is). I've been meaning to take care of this but haven't,
sorry :-/

--
Peter Williams -- peterw@helixcode.com