Re: LDAP support

Hmm, LDAP support sounds good (not that I have any use for it myself, but it
sounds like the sort of thing a good mailer should support...). I wonder if
you
could make a patch against the CVS version of balsa (see
http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html for a bit of help with CVS.) Mainly
because the patch contains a lot of diffs between generated files, it's also
easier to apply a patch made against the head of CVS, less chance of conflicts
and wot-not.

I also wonder if it might be a good idea to make use of the power of the gtk
object system, and define an object which represents a generalized store of
addresses, with the LDAP stuff being a particular subclass of that, and
gnomecard being another.

I also think that the backend part of this (ie not the gui or config saving
stuff) might be more at home in libbalsa.

Incidently, are there some new files which are supposed to go along with the
patch, diff doesn't normally include them.

Thanks,
Ian.