Re: character encoding?

On 2000-07-05 07:41 Alexey Kakunin wrote:
> IMHO, some problems can be solved if use   instead of
> gdk_font_load anythere in the code. Or may be I am wrong?

AFAIK we cannot just replace gdk_font_load with gdk_fontset_load
(+change XLFD) and hope it would work: I _tried_ that and it would break more
things that it would fix (but I am open for _complete_ solutions; I would
tend to reject partial "fixes that work for me"; this is my personal
opinion, balsa gains nothing by implementing each case seperately, a general
solution is needed) and it means that I would recommend those of you who
want to see better internationalization support in balsa to make an effort
and contribute to GTK/Pango; I hope I will be understood correctly,
please. Once the multilanguage support is ready in GTK, we will have it not
only in balsa, but everywhere.

my $0.02,

/Pawel
--