Re: Help with GPG implementation

On 2000-07-03 11:04 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> What are you doing ? Invoking gpg as an external program ? That is
Wrong.
> Actually, that is wrong in 2 ways. Way 1 is you shouldn't (need to)
invoke
> gpg. There is something called libgcrypt on gpg1.1 that adresses
that.
> Way 2 is you shouldn't just be writting support for balsa. It's almost
as easy
> to write gpg support for gnome.

<flame>Whatever the method is, it's much better than vapourware
:-)</flame>.
Frankly, I hope that you Peter use the "right" method that can be also
used in the future by other projects. Code reuse is a dream of zillions of
programmers :-).

Concerning the right place for encryption (when sending), I think one
could place it just after src/sendmsg-window.c:1252 (bsmsg2message()
funct)

  body->buffer = gtk_editable_get_chars(GTK_EDITABLE (bsmsg->text), 0,
					gtk_text_get_length (
					   GTK_TEXT (bsmsg->text)));

The question is of course, if the attachments are to be crypted too (I
admit I am not very familiar with the methods/possibilities). The
alternative place is just after bsmsg2message() invocation but I am not so sure
about this one.

 I don't know really where to place the decryption call; AFAIK balsa
decodes messages to /tmp directory so it would be better to decrypt AFTER
reading decoded messages from disk.

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202