Re: Saving passwords and general IMAP issues

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, micah craig wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:08:54 Jules Bean wrote:
> >[snip]
> >
> > If we can just have a) use of the 'LIST' command to find all folders and
> > b) periodic checking of *all* folders for new messages, then it will
> > already be arguable superior to any existing free Linux IMAP mailer.  If
> > we add to that message threading (not as in libpthread, as in discussion
> > threading) then it will be a killer..
>
> Message threading is something I would like very much to work on.
> I've been
> reviewing the balsa code to get familiarity, but I have not yet
> gotten
> this deep.  Can someone give me an idea of what would be involved in
> implimenting message threading in balsa?  Can libmutt help us in
> this?  Is

You can look at the code mutt uses to implement threading (groupping the
emails, etc). This code is available in balsa on libmutt dir but is not
compiled in and the files not in Makefile.am where not updated when I
updated the libmutt code so you need to get the latest from
http://www.mutt.org (the one I used was 1.0i).
So you need to see what is important and first updated the files on
libmutt and then add the files Makefile.am be compiled in.

Another thing you need to do is to code some functions on libbalsa to wrap
the libmutt code.

> the widget being used for message lists sufficient to display thread
> trees, or
> will we need to change it?  Pointers to particular source files

The widgets may be the problem. Maybe Stuart Parmenter has an idea in how
to add threading to the mailbox index when he rewrote the interface.

> and/or
> documentation that would be relevant to getting these features
> implimented
> would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks very much.

                                               Bruno Pires Marinho
                                      http://camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~bapm/