Re: 'From' field modification patch

Pawel Salek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I enclose patch that makes it possible to modify the 'From' field; the
> sent message will 'From' header's value taken from the proper input
> field (the po files need to be updated apropriately, I guess).

Hi

This is something I was looking for, but I have a couple of problems with
this patch
i) It alters the 'From' field of the mail, not the 'Reply-to' field. So if
the recipient
is using  Balsa  or Netscape and clicks 'reply', the reply still goes back
the address in your
global preferences. I haven't checked whether this is still the case with
other mail clients.

ii) By default the 'from' field is not shown in the message composition
window and you have
to go to the menus to add it. I would prefer if the list of default fields
visible in the composition
window was configurable - you can always configure it by editing the source
but that doesn't
really count!

Anyway, I should add that Balsa seems to be by far the best candidate for
replacing Netscape
as my mail client - I tried Mahogany but found it very unstable.
The main feature I see missing at the moment is filter support - any progress

on that front?

cheers,
Barry