Re: GOB

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Peter Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:21:28 Bruno Pires Marinho wrote:
> >
> > You where reading carefully the versions before. The generated files where
> > totally removed by me... other packages don't keep the generated files. At
> > least for docbook files so I assumed it was the correct way to do it.
> >

> It's true that CVS users are probably developers, but I put the files back
> in because they'll be updated, and GOB is not like Docbook where the output
> is dependent on the user... you'll always get the same GTK+ code. OTOH,
> traditionally you don't have lex and yacc output included, but they're much
> more common than GOB.
>
> It isn't a big deal one way or another, except then you don't have to get
> GOB if you don't want to mess with the init code.

In fact, I don't have a big problem with needing to have gob to compile --
it's just that (afaik) gob is only found in CVS at the moment, and I tend
to want to install most things as packages, and only compile from source
packages I'm actually personally interested in (like balsa).

When gob makes it as a debian package, I will have no more complaints ;-)

Anyhow, I'm currently updating again.  Fingers crossed it will work this
time..

Jules