Balsa programming questions

Hi,

I'm doing some work on Balsa, and I've got a few questions for whoever
can answer them.

First, what exactly is the expanded variable in the MailboxNode
structure used for?  The reason I ask is that the tree expand/collapse
callbacks appear to be broken, and the only apparent reason for having
it is to set this flag.  The callbacks are broken (I think) because
they are taking a GtkCTree, GtkCTreenode, and data pointer as
arguments, when in actuality it should be a GList instead of a
treenode.

On a related note, if anyone knows what the GList that gets passed to
that function is, I can't find any documentation.

Secondly, I'm wondering about the function "mailbox_have_new_messages"
in mailbox.c, specifically whether it works on mailboxes other than
mbox format.  As far as I can tell it doesn't, but I'm not terribly
well versed in the back-end of balsa.  It'd be useful to have a
function such as this that can check for the existence of new messages
without having to look through the whole mailbox.

Thanks,

MBG

--
    Matthew Guenther                        I am not an Economist.	I am an
    mguenthe@netcom.ca                      honest man!

PGP signature