Re: new sendmsg-window patch

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Pawel Salek wrote:

> gtk_text_set_point seems not to work.
> gtk_text_get_point seems to work only if the cursor position is changed
> with keyboard keys. This is probably minor problem but GtkText has also
> some other problems that I would happily see resolved (like unexpected
> cursor jumps when moving it over wrapped lines with arrow keys).

I've been in contact with the person who maintains (doesn't maintain?) the
GtkText widget, and the bad news is that none of this will be fixed.
There will be a replacement for GtkText, but AFAIK, it's not yet ready.

There are a couple of other Text widgets, but none are terribly well
suited to balsa.  (I know that an editable HTML widget is being developed
using the version that's in gnome-fm if I recall correctly).

> Pawel
> PS. I haven't solved "recipientlistnotshown" problem yet.
>
> On  2 Feb, Birger Langkjer wrote:
> > Btw2, I found a little bug: When I use reply to all, the words
> > 'recipient list not shown' are included in the cc line (look at the
> > headers).

This is somewhat amusing -- I looked at full headers in Pine, and
"recipient list not shown" seems to be sent from gnome.org to tell us that
we're on a mailing list.  (In other words, I don't think this is a balsa
issue, although we could certainly 'work around' it.)

BTW, Hector pointed out to me that the new patch that fixes the failure to
check the local mailbox that's currently selected causes problems with the
checking of Inbox during mail retrieval -- I'll look at it and commit some
stuff for send.c tomrrow I hope.  (I've had to put this off several times
because of other projects, but I might have some free time tommorow
morning.)

David