Re: Your Opinions Requested

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:12:25 Peter Williams wrote:
> a -- Finish up the gnome-config code, have you setup up Balsa all over
> again. But it will be done by this weekend in all likelihood.
>
> b -- Tweak the engine a bit, write a libPropList backend, and bask in
> the ultimate coolness that it would be. However, that will take three or

> four more coding sessions, which I get in once or twice a week, tops.

I tend to think that ease and power of configuration is one of the
single most important characteristics of a user application such as
balsa.  So, I think (b).  I'd *much* rather wait another couple
weeks
and have a sophisticated configuration system someday than have
something just functional next week, but that's me.
----
"New York, London, Paris, Munich.  Everybody talk about Pop Musik."
  - M