Comp. Window

I forgot to write a note when I put it in, but Pawel's code to clean up
the Comp. Window has been committed --

Personally, I'm thrilled that you can now tab right down into the Text
widget rather than getting stuck at the attachment window.  :)

I'm not quite sure where we stand after the filtering 'debate' (other than
that we're all more clear about the acronyms involved!), but what I'd like
to do unless someone has any objection (or, unless someone's begun) is to
add search capability to balsa -- the easiest implementation would
present someone with a 'find' box, and allow them to jump to the first
message in the current mailbox that fits the regex (with a find next
option).  Clear, though, this isn't the best of all possible solutions.
Ideally, I think, we'd want the user to view an index of the found
messages from different mailboxes, and to open them directly from that
index.  This is much more detailed and would probably not surface for
general use any time soon.  So, my question is similar to Peter's:  do you
want a quick-and-dirty first-generation search function that would allow
you to search through the messages in the current mailbox using either
perl or 'standard' regexes, with the option of more mature search at some
point, or would you rather wait for the final version?

(My thought at this point is that the 'standard' regex would allow * for
any number of unknown characters and ? for one unknown character, and that
I would translate this to a perl regex internally -- the user would select
between perl, standard regex, and basic string comparison using a
radio-box.)

In any case, the underlying functions might provide some of the necessary
infrastructure for filtering if we choose to add this to balsa.  (Or, at
least, I would attempt to write them in such a way that they could be used
for either.)

David