save attachment overwrite and other issues

I have recently started to use balsa 1.0.0 (installed by rpm onto Suse 7)
with kde2

I have two difficulties

1. If I save an attachment file then the file is saved - overwriting any
existing file with the same title - with no warning that that will happen.
This seems very insecure. Is it because I am using kde2 or does this happen
whatever file manager is being used?

2. Is there a way to select all messages in a mailbox (e.g. inbox) and move
them to a different mailbox (e.g. saved-messages)?

Pete