Re: Colors and quoted text

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Olivier Jousselin wrote:
> 	I'm a bit stumped about the way Balsa uses colors (chosen in
> Preferences/Misc). The first color is apparently used for quoted text
> (detected by "> " at beginning of line) and for adresses and links (detected
> by a colon on the line, and possibly some other criteria as well). The second
> color has never appeared in my windows.
>
> 	Are my assumptions right about the "first color" ? This
> colon-criterion can be most disturbing, at any rate, I don't use colons only
> for adresses but also for enumerations, etc.
>
> 	And what is the second color used for, then ? IMHO, the second color
> might be used for adresses, while the first one would mark quoted text only.
> What do you think ?

The two colours form a gradient as your quoted text is nested deeper and
deeper.  I have blue and red, so the first level is blue, and as there are
more quoted levels it goes to purple, then red.  However currently it's not
very obvious unless you have a lot of levels.

I was going to look at this, but right now time is short and I'm doing DND
stuff.  Maybe later.

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther                   The squeaky wheel doesn't always get
mguenthe@engr.uvic.ca              the grease... Sometimes it gets replaced.