Re: Filter

 I think everyone's observations are right.  I think Balsa should look
 into a standards based filtering language like what CMU is doing with
 sieve.  I have sieve running on my Cyrus imap server and it does what it
 does well.  I don't believe that licensing is an issue.  It is also
 supposed to be able to be programmed for client side imap clients as
 well so you can take a sieve script apply it to your server and get the
 same effects as if you were to take the same script and apply it to your

 imap client.  Use ACAP to transfer the updates to the server or from the
 server to your client and you shouldn't have to worry anymore.  I think
 Balsa should look into implementing ACAP, sieve, etc. though ACAP and
 sieve are still slightly a moving target.  Also I know, I know - patches
 welcome though my C skills suck.

 Also one other note:  If you're going to implement a filtering tool then
 you should first get IMAP to work right.  I can get all my folders
 listed in Balsa by manually putting in the Inbox.Folder myself and then
 they are not listed hierachally (maybe it's not supposed to) but is
 still nice when the mailboxes are listed under the main INBOX instead of
 separate mailboxes.  The only way right now to filter my mail is to use
 either procmail or sieve on the IMAP server so it will go to the right
 folder and then use Balsa to check all the different individual folders.
  Just my $0.02