Inbox opens as read-only

Hi,

I have my system mail spool (/var/cache/mail/marc) set as my inbox.  For some
reason, Balsa (1.0.0 installed via RPM) will open the file only as read-only.
This means, of course, that I can't delete messages, etc.  Does anyone have any
idea why this is happening?  Pine operates fine on this mailbox.

FWIW, I'm running a freshly installed RH7 distribution, with my /home/marc
directory copied from an old install.  Balsa 1.0-pre 2 or 3, and many previous
versions (installed via downloaded sources that I compiled), worked fine on
that installation.

Thanks for any help!
Marc