Re: Main window design proposal

kažkada, berods Tr, 2000-12-06 22:05-0800, hitched97@mailops.com rašė:
> At 09:29 AM 11/27/00, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> >I have tested only tools.patch, and "close mailbox" is one of my most
> >used buttons now. There is one buglet (disables "exit" instead of "empty
> >trash" in menus), and does not apply to CVS version smoothly.
>
> I've already seen it and fixed it.  I've also added a popup menu to the
> toolbar that lets you select which buttons you want visible.  I'll diff
> against 1.0.0 and send it.

diffing against 1.0.0 is OK for users who just want another feature.
But in CVS quite much has changed and patches for 1.0.0 don't fit smoothly
anymore :( Developers better use CVS version.

> >The first patch would be quite useful. We see, there are people still
> >using gnome 1.0, so maybe not everybdy has GtkHTML. But as time flows,
> >such patches add bloat, not feature to programs.
>
> No bloat here - if GtkHTML is available, that is used.  If not, then it
> will look for GtkXmHTML.  both can be disabled from the configure script,
> so the code gets ifdef'ed out.
>
> >With LDIF one, could be just a simple NULL problem. I could not test,
> >because don't have any LDIF adress books. What program creates them?
>
> Netscape exports to LDIF files.  Similar in some respects to vcard format.
> Also was trying to get a reader for Spruce mailboxes, and if I ever get
> those working, I'll take a shot at Pine as well.

Nice to hear from you that you have such improvements for Balsa. They
definitely add usability and comfort in using Balsa. Waiting for patches...
Thanks!

--
Gediminas Paulauskas  ···  http://03bar.ktu.lt/~menesis/  ···  ICQ 24859336